Kappa Sigmas' 67th Biennial Grand Conclave was held July 22-26 in San Antonio, Texas. With the temperature over 100 degrees each day, our boys from Statesboro, were one of the few chapters that felt right at home. Each day started with a general session with all chapters attending. In the afternoon, breakout sessions, featured such topics as rush recruitment, officer leadership training, alumni association development and ritual proficiency. A highlight of the week was the honorary initiation of Rudy Ruettiger, Notre Dame legend and the man who inspired the movie "Rudy".
In all, six brothers, along with, AA, Brian Dart and Chip Howard attended the Conclave. It was during the general business meetings, Wednesday - Friday, our chapter was presented with multiple awards. Much of the credit goes to our Executive Committe, providing the leadership that has kept Kappa Sigma at the very top of the Greek world at Georgia Southern. Kappa Zeta is the largest chapter in Georgia and Georgia has the most chapters in the nation. The other key ingredient is Alumnus Advisor Brian Dart. His guidance and enthusiasm have been critical to maintaining our status as the top Greek ladder at GSU. It's gratifying that he and the chapter has received the recognition they deserve. Kappa Zeta is recognized by it's peers as one of Kappa Sigma's brightest stars. The members of the S.E.C. know us by name. All week, brothers from other chapters were asking for our formula to success. "How do you raise so much money. What are you doing during rush? How do you dominate the campus? How do you manage to get the girls to buy your drinks"? ( Just checking to see if you're paying attention) It's hard to put into words the thrill it gave us to be recognized and awarded for our multiple accomplishments.
Here is the list of Kappa Zeta Chapter's awards:
- F.A.C.E - Founders Award for Chapter Excellance - Kappa Sigma's top award. A chapter must score a near perfect 100% on the awards application. This puts KZ in the top 10% of all chapters.
- SILVER BOWL - Given to chapters whose combined GPA has exceeded the university All Men's average for 3 consecutive semesters. KZ has exceeded the GPA for 8 consecutive semesters. KZ spring GPA is a 2.8 and the pledge GPA is 3.19.
- GREATER CAUSE - Service & Philanthropy - KZ was recognized for raising over $58,000.00 for various charities, both locally and nationally. Top 10 chapters for the Military Heroes.
- CHAMPION QUEST CHAPTER - Given to chapters who have exceeded their rush goals, and must be the largest fraternity on campus.
- 100% RITUAL PROFICIENCY - Every initiated member of KZ has learned a portion of Kappa Sigma's ritual.
- OUTSTANDING BROTHER - Beau Turpin, given nationally to the brother who has best served Kappa Sigma. Beau has served as the Area 2 Undergraduate Advisory Committee delegate and on several national committees.
- OUTSTANDING GM - Beau Turpin
- OUTSTANDING GMC - Dustin Thompson, newly elected GM
- OUTSTANDING GT - Ben Glass is a 3 term GT.
- OUTSTANDING GS - Fritz Turpin
- OUTSTANDING AA - Brian Dart. Brian is known nationally for his work with Kappa Sigma.